- How much money does the City of Austin allocate in its annual budget for the construction of bicycle infrastructure projects, facility maintenance, bicycle lane sweeping, safety education, awareness, and commuting promotion?
- How much money has the City of Austin spent since 1996 on Bicycle projects, staff implementation, cycling education and awareness programs?
- How much money does the City of Austin plan to spend to implement the goals of the 2009 Austin Bicycle Plan Update? What is the source of that money? (Bonds, General Fund, Transportation Fund, Fed and State Grants). (Chapter 5, Pag 220)
- The 2009 ABP itemizes streets and roads targeted for Bicycle Network Infrastructure improvements and their associated costs. What additional costs, allocated to bicycle use, will the City incur to improve and maintain off-road multi-use trails?
- What percent of the commuting public will all this investment benefit? What percent increase over existing cycling commuters will that investment yield?
- What percent of the recreating public will all of this investment benefit? What percent increase in recreational cycling will that investment yield?
- Is all of this money to be allocated on a geographically equal basis
Questions that need to be answered about the Nueces Bike Blvd
Previous post: Things to Consider about a Bicycle Boulevard